AWS Cloud Engineer
Location: McLean, VA or Remote
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our team! Our vision is to deliver a simple, but powerful platform to our customers that will allow them to focus on business, while we support their Cloud infrastructure.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience and someone who can work on site and remotely while still maintaining team environment with some coding skills focused on system automation. Some design coding is a plus (Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, Apache, etc.) Have experience using a Cloud Management Platform of some type.
Defines, provisions and manages Amazon cloud environments. Establishes high availability configurations. Installs, configures, maintains, and monitors operating systems and infrastructure services. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system’s servers, hardware, applications, and software. Possesses familiarity with varied concepts, standard best business practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks with guidance and supervision. Duties include system engineering tasks in support of architecture and operations; scheduling and performing hardware/software installations, patches and upgrades, and maintaining them in accordance with established policies and procedures; performing system testing, operations, administration and maintenance; identifying system performance risks and problems, and developing and presenting solutions and maintaining documentation to keep current.
- Experience managing full application or Web stacks to the OS. Some hands on Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience highly preferred – software installation, configuration, patching – good documentation skills.
- Experience or understanding of AWS EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, ELB, Route 53, GovCloud (nice to have), Security Groups.
- Ability to provide Tier 1/2 support and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience or understanding of configuring and supporting *aaS environments, provisions and decommissions resources, monitors utilization and makes adjustments in accordance with SOPs and policy.
- Experience or understanding of network administration/engineering.
- Some hands on experience in software development for automation (Python / Powershell experience) and Web technologies.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining operating systems.
- Ability to support the monitoring of performance including SLAs and metrics.
- Ability to maintain processes, SOPs, and identifies effectiveness and efficiency improvements.
- Knowledge of system monitoring in a cloud environment including cloud specific products and tools.
- Strong Team Player but able to work independently.
- Maintain a sense of pride in a job well done; self-directed to improve skills and knowledge.
- Experience with DNS.
- Understands various Firewall architectures and Network\Cloud Security
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST.
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible automation / orchestration (or similar!) experience (not required, but highly sought).
- Managing virtual environments (Xen, Vmware etc.).
- Exposure\Experience with SQL, MySQL, No SQL Data Stores, Redshift.
Why work for Day1?
- Fast-paced atmosphere in a high growth industry.
- Fun “startup” culture with super-competitive salary, benefits, and stock options.
- We encourage learning, growing, and changing through entrepreneurship.
- A team that likes to have fun and work on interesting projects.
- A close-knit environment where everyone matters, no matter their role.
- Have a voice and sense of ownership to impact the direction of Day1.
About the company:
Day1 Solutions is an emerging industry leader representing the next-gen “Cloud Solutions Provider” model. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services. Day1 Solutions offers a full scope of Cloud services and solutions. Our employees are empowered to think outside of the box and provide innovative solutions to our customers and provide measurable cost savings.