AWS Solutions Architect
Location: Crownsville, MD
At Day1 Solutions we are seeking hard to find Cloud Architects for our Amazon Web Services (AWS) Practice. We are growing our team of Cloud Architects who are specialized in one of the following domains: Architecture, DevOps, Application Development, Security or Big Data Analytics. Our team of architects thrive on complexity, design solutions that maximize business/mission value, and are insatiable when it comes to learning. Come work in a fast-paced startup atmosphere with high performance teams looking to reinvent the way companies and organizations operate in the cloud.
- Managing executive level Customer relationships and key business stakeholders through conversations about business, product and technical challenges.
- Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services inclusive of trade-off discussions, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Hands-on experience designing, building and operating complex, global IT infrastructures; experience with AWS highly preferred.
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred (or related degree).
- AWS Certifications (desirable); Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer, or DevOps Engineer.
- Engineering, and implementing administrative and automation tools such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Salt, Splunk, ZenOss, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Using and implementing migration tools such as CloudVelox, RISC, CloudEndure, etc.
- Using and implementing cost management tools such as Orbitera, CloudChekr, etc.
- Creating automation scripts with Python, bash and/or Ruby.
- Technical proficiency with Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Linux OS and package management.
- Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed.
- Experience with GovCloud, and C2S environment is a plus.
- Experience with FedRAMP controls and process is a plus.
- Experience in the Federal Sector, and Intel space is a plus.
Why work for Day1?
- Fast-paced atmosphere in a high growth industry.
- Fun “startup” culture with super-competitive salary, benefits, and stock options.
- We encourage learning, growing, and changing through entrepreneurship.
- A team that likes to have fun and work on interesting projects.
- A close-knit environment where everyone matters, no matter their role.
- Have a voice and sense of ownership to impact the direction of Day1.
About the company:
Day1 Solutions is an emerging industry leader representing the next-gen “Cloud Solutions Provider” model. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services. Day1 Solutions offers a full scope of Cloud services and solutions. Our employees are empowered to think outside of the box and provide innovative solutions to our customers and provide measurable cost savings.